8 Ways To Use Vitamin E For Wrinkles
We are all familiar with the fact that with time our skin loses its elasticity and moisture and wrinkles happen. What influences this apart from the natural aging process are factors like makeup, environmental pollutants, sun exposure, etc.
For instance, makeup or environmental impurities accumulate on the skin during the day and then they penetrate deep into the skin pores and cause damage to elastin and collagen. This with time causes fine lines and wrinkles. Moreover, UV rays in sunlight can also cause it.
Wrinkles are something that happens naturally, however, you can still delay them or restrict their appearance. Usually, what people use are commercial anti-wrinkle creams, but they contain harsh chemicals and may cause side-effects. On the other hand, facelifts or laser therapy is painful and take months to heal.
Thus, we are here to tell you that you are in luck. There are natural remedies like vitamin E, lemon, coconut oil or egg that are cheap and effective. So, we are here to present you the vitamin E oil for wrinkles.
Why is Vitamin E Effective for Wrinkles?
- Tocopherol, which is a form of vitamin A boosts the collagen production in the skin and it makes it look younger by reducing the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
- UV rays create harmful free radicals which can cause skin aging.
- Vitamin E is an antioxidant which can neutralize the free radicals and prevent wrinkles.
- Another trigger for wrinkles is dryness. Vitamin E has the moisturizing property that can prevent them by hydrating the skin and making it look moist and supple.
- It also supports the production of elastin, which is a very important protein which is needed for the elasticity of the skin and reducing wrinkles.
- It can also speed up cell regeneration and cause an anti-aging effect and make the skin look younger.
- Vitamin E promotes blood circulation, and it ensures that there is the efficient transport of good nutrients into the skin cells. This will promote collagen production and the reduction of wrinkle formation.
How to Use Vitamin E for Wrinkles?
You can use vitamin E in different ways. It can be used directly as oil from capsules or combined with other ingredients.
Let’s look at some methods on how to use it. But first, make sure that you wash the affected areas of the skin with lukewarm water and a mild cleanser before you apply it. Just pat the skin dry with a soft cotton towel and do not rub too hard.
1. Direct Application of Vitamin E Oil
- First, puncture two vitamin E capsules with a clean pin and squeeze the oil out.
- Then, apply the oil on the affected skin gently with your fingertips.
- Massage the oil into the skin gently, with circular motions for 3-4 minutes.
- Leave it overnight.
- Rinse with lukewarm water in the morning.
- Repeat daily before you go to bed.
2. Vitamin E Oil and Aloe Vera
Aloe vera contains 96% of water. This helps to hydrate the skin and prevent wrinkles. Moreover, it can improve the skin’s elasticity, heal damage caused by UV rays and stimulate skin cell regeneration.
- Just combine vitamin E oil of 2 capsules and 1 teaspoon of fresh aloe vera gel or juice.
- Massage the mixture on the affected areas gently in circular motions for a couple of minutes.
- Make sure to leave it on for half an hour.
- Then, wash it off with lukewarm water and pat the skin dry.
- Repeat daily.
3. Vitamin E Oil, Honey, Yogurt and Lemon Juice
Honey will help you hydrate the skin and protect it from damaging toxins. The yogurt can improve the elasticity and moisture content of treated skin. The lemon juice will tighten the pores, bleach the age spots and prevent wrinkles.
- First, extract the oil from 3 vitamin E capsules.
- Then, add 1/2 teaspoon of honey, 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice and 2 teaspoons of yogurt and vitamin E oil in a bowl.
- When you do, stir well and apply on the face with your fingertips.
- Let it stay for 20 minutes.
- Use lukewarm water to wash it off and pat the skin dry.
- Do this every day.
4. Vitamin E Oil and Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is full of essential fats, nutrients, vitamins, and antioxidants. It can prevent wrinkles and skin aging.
- First, squeeze the oil from 1 vitamin E capsule.
- Then, add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to it.
- When you do, massage the mixture on the area gently.
- Let it on for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off with water and pat the skin dry.
- Do it twice a day to get the best results.
If you want this to be more effective, you can just add 2 drops of lavender oil to the mixture. The oil will help the mixture to penetrate deeper in the skin and increase the blood flow to skin tissues.
5. Vitamin E Oil and Olive Oil
Olive oil can nourish and moisturize the wrinkled skin and keep the firmness and elasticity intact. It is full of antioxidants which can fight the free radicals that damage the skin.
- Combine 1/4 teaspoon of vitamin E oil and 1/4 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Apply this on the affected area of skin before bedtime.
- Massage it in circular motions gently for 2-3 minutes and leave overnight.
- Rinse off in the morning with cool water.
- Repeat this regularly.
6. Vitamin E Oil and Vitamin C Oil
Vitamin C can help you fight free radicals which damage skin tissues and cause wrinkles. It will also strengthen the immune system and prevent wrinkle formation in the long run.
- Combine 1/4 teaspoon of both vitamin E oil and vitamin C oil.
- Then, massage the mixture on the affected skin.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Wash off with water and pat the skin dry.
- Repeat this daily.
7. Vitamin E Oil, Rosewater, Turmeric and Honey
Rosewater is perfect for cleansing and skin pores. On the other hand, the turmeric is perfect for exfoliation of the skin and it can eliminate age spots and other signs of skin aging. The honey will act as a soothing humectant and regulate the pH of the skin.
- Just combine 1/4 teaspoon of vitamin E oil, 1/2 teaspoon of rosewater, 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric and 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Mix them in a fine paste.
- Apply the paste on the affected areas.
- Let it stay for 15-20 minutes.
- Use cool water and wash it off and let it dry.
- Do this every day.
This process is especially helpful for wrinkles and lines on the forehead.
8. Vitamin E Smoothie
- Add 1 cup of spinach, ½ banana (ripe), 2 tablespoons avocado and 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds to a blender.
- Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 1 cup almond milk.
- Blend together.
- Add ½ cup crushed ice and blend again until smooth.
- Drink daily for best results.
Tips and Precautions
If you are using vitamin E oil for the face, combined with something, or just as a supplement, keep these in mind:
- You will not get results immediately, even if you use it daily. You need to wait for a few months to get the improvement that will last for a longer time.
- If you have oily skin, the daily application of this oil can clog the pores and lead to acne. So, it is more suitable for people with dry and wrinkly skin.
- Make sure to test for allergic reactions before you include the oil in your daily routine.
That is all. Good luck!