I Had No Idea Doing This Could Help Get Rid Of A Double Chin
When some fat builds around the area under the chin, a double chin forms. Still, you need to know that not only supplemental fat causes a double chin. Aging and loss of muscle tone can cause the skin under the chin to sag.
Due to the fact that the layer of fatty tissue under the skin is connected to weight gain, losing weight is the way to go to eliminate the chin. What you can do is some chin exercises and we are here to present you with some.
Exercises to Get Rid of a Double Chin
1. Open Your Mouth
You should open your mouth as wide as you can. This will target the platysma muscle and it will improve the appearance of sagging skin.
This is what you have to do:
- Open your mouth as wide as you can.
- Stick out your tongue as far as you can.
- Try to touch your chin with your tongue.
- Count to 10 and repeat 10 times.
- Repeat this exercise for a double chin 2 times a day to help tighten your neck muscles and keep them toned to prevent sagging.
2. Hanging Head
With this one, all you have to do is hang your head over the edge of a bed or a sofa. This exercise will tone your platysma muscle and strengthen it.
Do the following:
- Lie on a bed or sofa and hang your head over the edge.
- Lift your chin towards your chest to work the neck muscles.
- Hold while counting to 10 and repeat 10 times and relax.
Try to do this slowly, without jerking motions.
3. Chin Lifts
If you want to make the muscles on the face and neck stronger, try some chin lifts. This will not only tighten the sagging skin under the chin, but it will also tone your facial muscles.
Do the following:
- Stand with your back and neck straight.
- Raise your chin toward the ceiling and purse your lips as tight as you can.
- Hold the “kissing lips” position for a count of 10 and relax your muscles.
- Repeat 10 times twice a day to help get rid of a double chin that has formed after weight loss.
4. Roll Your Neck
This is a great way to tone your muscles under the chin and relax as well. You can do these exercises at home, in the office, while you are sitting or standing, it does not matter.
Follow these steps to tone your facial muscles with neck rolls:
- Slowly and carefully turn your head to the side so that your chin is parallel to your shoulder.
- Make sure that your eyes are looking off to the side.
- Slowly roll your head downward then up to the other side.
- Repeat the neck roll 10 times and do the exercise 2 times a day to help tighten sagging skin under your chin.
5. Platysma Exercise
You can target the platysma muscle that runs from the jaw down your neck. This exercise can help you exercise the area under the chin so that you can tighten the sagging skin and tone your neck muscles.
Do the following:
- Stand with your neck erect.
- Pull your lips up over your teeth to tighten the tendons in your jaw.
- Turn the corners of your mouth downward as if you were frowning.
- Hold the position for a count of 10, relax and repeat 10 times.
6. Tennis Ball Double Chin Exercise
You can also tone up the tissue under the chin and reduce the appearance of it with a tennis ball.
Do the following:
- Place a tennis ball against your throat and hold it there with your chin.
- Press your chin as tightly against the ball as possible and release slightly.
- Repeat 10 times.
- Do the tennis ball exercise for a double chin twice a day to help keep your under-chin area toned and slim.
Lose Your Double Chin with Weight Loss
If you really want to get rid of the fat accumulating under your chin, you need to make some lifestyle choices. Usually, when you lose body fat, the fat around the face disappears first.
So, if you want to reduce the fullness under the chin and get rid of the accumulated fat, you need to burn more calories than you consume.
Here are some ways on how you can do this.
Consume Less Saturated Fats and Refined Sugars
If you consume unhealthy fats this can clog the arteries and cause the excess fat to build up under the chin, on your face, around your belly, and on your thighs.
Increase Fiber Intake and Eat More Green Leafy Vegetables
If you eat more fiber, you will be able to burn fat from your chin. Moreover, the fiber will help you keep fuller for a longer time and curb your cravings and snacking. You will soon see that the extra layer of fat from your double chin will be gone.
Boost Weight Loss with Superfoods
Exercise to Get Rid of a Double Chin
You can do cardiovascular exercises like cycling, running, and swimming to get rid of a double chin. This will also boost your metabolism and make you lose weight faster.
Moreover, you can also use some other life hacks to control your weight. What you can do is make some simple tweaks to slim your face and lose weight quickly,
Drink a Lot of Fluids
Drinking a lot of fluids can help you get rid of the double chin naturally and it will also prevent water retention. Drinking water before a meal can help you feel fuller and eat less.
If you reduce the salt in your diet, it will reduce also the appearance of a double chin and a puffy face. Just cut out the excess salt from your food and this will lower the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases.
Cut Out Sugar and Reduce Simple Carbohydrates
If you do this, it will reduce the double chin by helping you lose the neck and chin fat. Moreover, it will help you with weight loss as well.
Avoid Excess Alcohol
Alcohol is very high in calories and if you drink too much, it will make some fat buildup under the chin and around your neck. If you drink too much alcohol, it will also damage your liver and kidneys and this will lead to water retention and a puffy face.